Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Id' rather be...gardening

With the apparent (you can't tell by today) onset of spring my heart goes to my first hobby love...gardening. Choosing plants and flowers, digging, arranging, mulching, sitting back admiring, talking with others, watching and pointing out new growth...each have separate and priceless allures.
Despite the fact that I have recently moved (actually I'm still unpacking boxes) I watch the garden in front of the house, keep track of the sun and shade and where they stay the longest, and wonder if Repeat and Shortie would enjoy planting seeds with me.
You can't image how pleased I was when my dear SNL asked me about placing some hosta in the front of the house! We discussed whether there was too much sun there for too long and if so what else we'd enjoy there. He said he might go plant "looking" one day soon. Outwardly I tried to let him know I was interested in going without being too mother-in-law-ish. "If you don't mind...I'd love to go." pleeease! inside my brain was screaming "take me with you! I want to play!" I hope we go soon. I'd really like sharing this first love with him.




No comments: