Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to Him,(2) and He began to teach them, saying:
3) Blessed are are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4) Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
5) Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
6) Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they will be filled.
7) Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.
8) Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
9) Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God.
10) Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11) Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12) Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Saturday, February 2, 2013
When there is nothing left to actually "do" ... pray these words... "Dear Lord give me the strength to just stand (be) still and know that you are God" (Psalm 46:10)*
* Psalm 46 -
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.[c]
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
7 The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
8 Come and see what the Lord has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields[d] with fire.10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
11 The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress