Sunday, September 2, 2012

Update - September 2, 2012


Hey everyone!
I am continuing to progress although last week I had a more difficult time. My friend (she's a nurse) and the therapist  said it was normal. so as long as that's true I'm not worried. the therapist is excited about my progress. She said that I improved 10 points on a new exercise between one session and the next. she stated that is extraordinary.  I am pleased and encouraged that she is so happy.


In case I didn't mention it the job I interviewed for is with C///... yes the agency I worked with when I first came down.  It is a social work position but not direct line. I would actually be working with the training unit to train and license potential foster parents. I believe for now this will work for me. I will be able to get my hours to qualify for the clinical licensing exam. It is working with people who I can assume want C/// in their lives... so hopefully less hostile - smile. I have not heard anything as of yet. Even though HR said one week I knew better... so  I'm thinking it will be closer to the end of next week. Sometimes they never tell you if you haven't been chosen, but I plan to call around Thursday or Friday if I haven't heard by then. Continue praying and I'll keep you posted.
Some of the people here (...) have been very nice. Some of them have "signed up" to get me to my therapy appointments! One couple took me and Beth on a drive through the countryside. It was wonderful! I have attached a picture of one mountain that one whole side is rock and lime - they call it the "devil's backbone".

 I've also met someone here who is considered to be the best quilter. She wins the fair so often that this year she didn't enter her best work so that someone else could win! She hand quilts. She has invited us to spend some time quilting with her next week. I'm excited.
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend. Thank you all for your prayers, support, emails and phone calls.  

No comments: