Sunday, November 4, 2012

To Beth: Ten of My Favorite Quotes

My friend Beth asked her readers to respond to her "10 of My Favorite Quotes" blog post on Saturday November 3, 2012. Here is my answer to her request.

1.  "...Be Still and Know that I am God..." - Psalm 46:10

2.  "Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong it is knowing the difference between right and almost right" - Charles Spurgeon

3.  "Nothing of consequence is achieved overnight. Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal".  - Earl Nightingale

4.  "I'll worry about it tomorrow" - Scarlett O'Hara

5.  "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!" - Fannie Lou Hamer

6.  "If you fail to plan , you will plan to fail" - Kolawole Kayode

7.  "With the people, for the people, by the people, I crack up when I hear it; I say, with the handful, for the handful, by the handful, 'cause that's what really happens". - Fannie Lou Hamer

8.  "He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one foot". - Chinese Proverb

9.  "...Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matthew 26:34 KJV  or   ("...Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. NIV)

10.  Dance as though no one is watching; Love as though you've never been hurt; Sing as though no one can hear you; Live as though heaven is on earth.”   Afred D'Souza

1 comment:

Beth said...

Nice list! Love them all! Hugs, Beth