Thursday, December 6, 2012

End of the line

As I reflect on days here in the MD - DC area, I actually remember how crazy it was trying to get accustom to the public transportation system know as "The Metro". I saved this photo back in April 4, 2010. At that time, I was looking for a photo to go with a "not-so-funny-at-the-time-but-funny-now" experience I had.
Not  quite used to the Metro, and the long ride from Southwest DC to the end of the line Glenmont, MD. I must of fallen asleep. The conductors of the train announce each stop and tell you what side of the train the doors will be opening. I had fallen asleep to a male voice announcing "Wheaton. Doors open right side".
Not realizing that I had fallen asleep I was confused, when I heard a female voice saying Forest Glen.Doors open right side". It took me until I heard her say "Wheaton. Doors open right side" to realize that I had slept through the last stop (Glenmont) and was on my way back downtown!!







No comments: