Saturday, June 23, 2012

I Agree - With is Better

Today I read a friend's blog entry entitled: "With is Better: An Account of My Own Faith".* In it she discusses seven reasons to believe in God and seven reasons not to believe. She ends stating that she has lived her life with and without belief in God and has ultimately decided that "with" is better.
I read her blog often if not daily and while I don't always comment today I did:

I was raised by believing parents, so I don't think I've known a time when I didn't believe in God and in that way we are different. I, of course, have doubted, gotten tired, frustrated, disillusioned with church... but never quite non-belief; never quite "without". So I may not get to have a vote that "with" is better. But I can and will state that it is. I have been in "hell" and can't imagine surviving it "without"; I have been with others in their hell and can't imagine helping them "without". I have loved and lost and can't imagine that pain/grief "without". I don't know "without" but because I know "with", I don't want "without".

* http://ifbethhadablog.blogspot.com/ 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Love that our blogs are in conversation just like we are. Love you bunches, miss you more. Will call. Peace out, Beth