Monday, October 1, 2012

Thoughts and Musings - Soul Music

I realized something a few days ago that made me smile so hard and warmly, I think think I laughed out loud alone...I was listening to Aretha Franklin and I realized that "soul music" the music of my life, is completely about a kind of courage to love without regret! To say it, to sing it, to moan it. In the way we have sex sometimes when our heartaches, or pray when we are angry with God, get up and do what we must, when we are bone-weary; when we are numb with grief and sadness we tell a joke to ease the despair of a friend because we recognize the difference between being sad and being dead. Soul music is an expression of love without regret: a truth telling. "The moment I wake up, before I put on my makeup..."  Toby D. Sanders

facebook - September 28, 2012


No comments: