Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Twenty Pounds

Seems to me that doctors have a "fallback" diagnosis. No matter what is wrong with you, they say lose weight. More specifically they say 'lose twenty pounds'. Yes that's right... TWENTY pounds.

Doctor - (while writing...excuse me...typing in my chart) - How about we lose twenty pounds and then we can discuss -changing/eliminating that new medication.

Me - what do you mean "we"? (to myself ... yes of course!  to  myself!)

Now let me just say, I'm annoyed. 'Cause ...well ...see... that's what the doctor told me during a different visit for a different reason... 
T W E N T Y pounds ago!               and twenty pounds before that              and twenty pounds before that!

So seriously, what is going on? 'Cause I'm thinking there's few things I wouldn't give to "fall back" to the size I was then...then as in any one of those times when the doctor wanted me to lose twenty pounds!

Yes. Seriously. What I wouldn't give to be any of those sizes now.   (sigh)

(yes, one large, twenty pound, sigh)

No comments: