Wednesday, December 3, 2008

the Way I See It...Continuing Education

The way I see it learning or continued education is not an option. It cannot be something that we decide to do only if we have a degree to maintain or a license to keep. Continuing our education is not really a choice if we are to be connected, loving human beings. Maybe it is already clear that I think this as you witness my struggle with blogging and h-t-m-l codes and Thursday Thirteen formats. but what I want -no need -to make clear is that we each continue to have something to learn from each other.


While I am not old, I am also not young (at least by our society's standards) and what I am noticing is that there really are many, many other ways to do things. Not that I didn't know this before. It is just amazing to witness and experience. Let me tell you this as an example. At the place where I worship there is a young women "2Ks" who I watch interact with people who are not only different from her but often hostile. She is a gem. I'm not sure that I'd ever get to be as good as she. I watch her walk up to people she doesn't know and welcome them and start talking. I so wish!



I know that I may never do it as well or as easily as she but I can try to get there and in the getting there I will be closer to it than I would be if I never tried. not clear? pay attention and learn. don't be like a two year old struggling and fighting saying "I do it" ...clearly your way (nor my way) is not the only way...at least not the way I see it...

No comments: