Friday, March 6, 2009

YAY!!! It's March!

I'm really glad it's March. Yes I'm glad for all the obvious reasons --winter is almost over; spring is around the corner; Repeat's birthday is in two weeks ...so is mine for that matter--these are all good reasons for me to be joyful that it is now the month of March. However, I have another reason to be glad it's March. ...I'm glad it's March because it means I've survived February! Whew!!! every year February is truly a mine field. a danger zone. the longest most hateful month of my life to that point. February taunts me. Eighty percent of the traumatic events of my life occurred in February (or some high percentage... do we really keep track!?)

I remember some years ago mentioning this to a friend of mine who was deep, deep, deep into astrology. She told me that 45-60 days before your birthday is an extremely tumultuous time....from the womb forward. In the womb she stated, the most growth and change is happening during those days and this growth-change cycle is repeated in our lives. Makes sense I suppose.

This year I kinda forgot about all this. In January I cautioned myself and then February hit. I was consumed with dissatisfaction. I complained and screamed out. Every morning (and I do mean every morning) I had to talk myself out of quitting my job. Seriously? What intelligent self respecting, don't-have-a-rich-uncle or a sugar daddy woman would do such a thing?! Yet there I was daily praying myself out of being stupid!

Now don't get me wrong. I do need to find another job. One that is fulfilling and meaningful and uses my skills and education. But I do not need to leave the one job I have before I find this meaningful, soul-stirring other job!

Even as the days and weeks marched toward March, I worried about being depressed. What was wrong with me? I promised myself that if it didn't stop soon I'd make an appointment with a counselor of some sort. Until then, I fell asleep each night promising myself to be more positive, to get through the next day without burdening family and friends with my anguish.

Sunday ( March 1st) I woke up and I felt better. Weird because I felt a LOT better! I made it through two conversations without maligning my job. (let's not completely overlook the fact that my daughter and a friend found two jobs that might be great for me!)
I'm happier. Monday I took a SNOW DAY!!! and got so much done I was a little scared of myself! The sun is higher in the sky ...the days are longer ( don''t forget to SPRING forward on Sunday March 8th), the forever lasting month of February is over!

I'm sure some of you may be thinking that I am possibly a victim of Seasonal Affect Disorder (SAD) ...possibly...but for now I am pass the Season of February and I am sooooooooooo glad!

No comments: