Monday, November 17, 2008

DD's Birthday minus 5

It is about five days before my DD's birtday. I hope to complete five entries as birthday reflections for us both.

On her birthday DD will be the big blank -O this year. she mentioned it with some wonder and bemusement the last time I saw her. I was listening but inside I was in some stunned state wondering "when did I get to be the mom of a blank year old?! ARGGH!!"


Of course I am aware of and have been present for many of her major life events.

I have been there through it all...but still I want to know...when did it all happen? I can see that she is different than when she was born. I can even see that her children are different than when they were born (even though it's only been a few months --no wait!--yikes-- years?-- oh no! )

But for the record let me say that truly I don't feel any different. I mean yes... I have to take 3 pills daily that I wasn't taking before...and yes there are more pounds between the size I want to be and the size I am than ever before... and yes the thought of sharing my space with pet or person makes me shudder..and yes (pitiably) - I dream and scheme for ways to get blissful sleep rather than bold adventures...but no, NO I, (me, myself and I) am not different.

well sort of... but not really...okay wait, this started out as a birthday wish/entry for my DD.
let's see ...sigh...I can't remember what I wanted to write...sigh ... I guess that's different.

No comments: