Sunday, July 29, 2012

I want to be an Optimist...

According to Winston Churchill, "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Tonight, I was searching the Internet for a quote I saw on a card yesterday about happiness. It was written by Alfred D'Souza and he describes happiness as a journey and not a destination. And while I don't disagree, all I know is that I want to be happy, really and sincerely happy whether journey or destination. 

Someone suggested that what I wanted was "joy" - describing it as something so deep and heartfelt that even when things are not so great we are "joy filled". I'm not sure I can do "joy" yet, but I can do optimism. For me, optimism equals happy and so I want happiness as Churchill describes it.  I want to be happy enough to see the opportunity in every difficulty ...or at least most! (smile)

No comments: