Saturday, August 18, 2012

7 Responses to the Beltway

  1. I no longer enjoy driving...well, maybe I still do...since sitting in traffic isn't driving.
  2. I understand road rage - though there is seldom road to be seen. 
  3. I stock up on audio books in the same manner as those who race for bread and milk before an impending snow storm. It's the only way to manage--resign to, if not accept--the reality.
  4. I realize the value of the Traffic Jam Factor - a traffic rating scale of 1 through 10:
    •  with one never being the case
    •  and ten being jammed; not moving; make-sure-you-use-the bathroom-before-you-head-out. 
  5. I never make pleasure trips that require leaving or arriving in the area after 3PM on any weekday; and yes, Sunday afternoon is a weekday. 
  6. I always, always have my GPS...yes, even as a passenger. 
  7. I keep snacks in the car.  

No comments: