Monday, April 16, 2012

Dueling Diabetes - Diabetes? Really? Is she sure?

So I've been pricking my fingers, reading about: fasting ranges and testing and recipes and food with low glycemic indexes. Please tell my why everything appears fine. I mean my numbers are always in range: I don't get tired when I eat; I feel the same. So why is there nothing wrong? This is making me nervous. The way I see it, this should be more of a "fight". For years, I anticipated struggling, worrying (well...I'm doing that), having high sugars and low sugars and feeling deprived. Clearly, I am doing something wrong. Maybe, I'm not reading the Glucometer correctly; maybe the strips are wrong; maybe I'm not testing enough; maybe too much. ARGH!

So I asked my BFF about it and she tells me that I probably was still quite borderline; that the doctor probably wanted to get a handle on the sugar levels before they got crazy out of hand; that maybe the pills will be all I need. Hmmm...I know this is good news, but, do you think the doctor could have told me some of this before I went nuts!?!

No comments: