Monday, April 9, 2012

Dueling Diabetes - Can you say "STARVE"??

Because that's what I feel all morning and half the night! All I can think about is what I can't have. So I take my fasting blood levels (taking blood levels is when you stick yourself for blood, put the blood on the Glucometer and it tells you what your sugar level; a fasting blood level is between your dinner and your breakfast) I go into the kitchen and dun-dun-dun-duuunnn! what to eat? oh how about a boiled egg? oh right no dairy. How about a bagel with butter? oh right watch those Carbs and no dairy? how about...oh right no...how about...oh right no...this is every morning. every morning. (geez is this diagnosis really only a few days old?) I have actually been dreaming... did you hear me? ..dreaming about eggs, grits and turkey bacon for five...count them...one-two-three-four-five days!...from the time I pricked my finger to the time I said "what the hell" and fixed the eggs, grits and turkey bacon one hour... one entire hour passed. This is crazy and I'm not sure this is the way to live. I wasn't this hungry and food conscious when I was trying to drop a few pounds. (OBTW - I've lost four pounds...how? you ask...because I DON'T eat anything!! I feel everything will kill me! If I eat I DIE!!!!)

No comments: