Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dueling Diabetes - the fasting range

Okay so this morning* my fasting blood sugar was 101. YAY! YIPPEE! I did it! So what you say? Clearly because you don't know... so let me tell you. With Diabetes your fasting blood sugars (no food or drink -besides water- for eight [8] hours) should fall in the range of 80-120 mg/dl. Confused? yeah me too. Let's do this - when I stick myself in the morning, the number on the little thing-y (Glucometer) should be somewhere between 80 and 120. My personal goal is 100. Don't know anything, just thought the middle would be better than the high or low ends. (But I will check on that when I go to class though) ANYWAY... this morning it was 101! Cool right?and the best, best, best part is that I didn't STARVE! That's right! I even had a little soy milk to prevent the medicine from upsetting my stomach. So YAY! YAY! YAY! It's a good start to a diabetic's day!
*Thursday April 12, 2012

No comments: